We work with a lot of consultants and the question often comes up “Do I need to charge GST / HST on my consulting services that I perform for clients in another country (usually the USA)?” The simple answer is no! In Canada, the Canada Revenue Agency deems the place of supply for services to be the location that your client is based even if you perform the work remotely (in Canada). However, there are some exemptions and it does depend on the type of service you are providing. On the Canada Revenue Agency website, they clearly indicate that most goods and services [...]
- Why have I been asked to fill out a W-8 BEN-E form?
- Getting your Personal Finances in order with Xero
- Going Paperless through Cloud Accounting
- The new CIBC Smart Banking Platform and the new Xero bank feed connection (as well as other benefits)
- A Letter to My Kids – 3 Things I Hope to Teach My Kids About Debt and Finances