We get a lot of calls from non-resident businesses that sell in Canada and are wondering what their tax considerations are. If you sell products / services in Canada and are over certain thresholds you will be required to charge sales tax (GST/HST which is the federal tax and there are also provincial sales taxes in certain provinces). If you are looking for more information on sales tax and the thresholds check out this previous post: Canada Sales Tax Sheet. The next question is what about tax on the income? The question is actually harder to answer than you may imagine. [...]
- How to Check your Published Xero Reports – New Dashboard
- Why churn rates and burn rates don’t matter unless you use what you know and how to do that
- Small business accounting tv – Episode 1 to 3
- Five Reasons Your Start-Up Needs a Part-time Virtual CFO
- When do non-resident businesses have to file tax returns in Canada?