We get a lot of calls from non-resident businesses that sell in Canada and are wondering what their tax considerations are. If you sell products / services in Canada and are over certain thresholds you will be required to charge sales tax (GST/HST which is the federal tax and there are also provincial sales taxes in certain provinces). If you are looking for more information on sales tax and the thresholds check out this previous post: Canada Sales Tax Sheet. The next question is what about tax on the income? The question is actually harder to answer than you may imagine. [...]
- Why have I been asked to fill out a W-8 BEN-E form?
- Getting your Personal Finances in order with Xero
- Going Paperless through Cloud Accounting
- The new CIBC Smart Banking Platform and the new Xero bank feed connection (as well as other benefits)
- A Letter to My Kids – 3 Things I Hope to Teach My Kids About Debt and Finances